A beautiful large bank of antique apothecary drawers. A beautiful late Victorian bank of twenty chemists drawers with original glass handles & an insert for 'Evans, Sons & Co', Chemists of Liverpool. With solid mahogany drawers in pine carcass, the piece is the perfect size for home use with the twelve smaller over eight larger drawers a great usable size. A fantastic bank of drawers & a wonderful piece of history!
Late 19th century.
The firm of Evans, Sons, Lescher and Webb began as a small business in 1828 by Mr. John Evans, who was joined by Mr. Joseph Sydney Lescher at 60 Bartholomew Close, London. The firm was established as a manufacturing and wholesale chemists and druggists. The business prospered and in 1833 the firm opened a branch in Liverpool on 56 Hanover street and John Evans left London to lead it. As time went on Evan's three boys, Thomas Bickerton, John Jr. Evans and Edward Evans were included into the partnership and the name of Evans, Sons and Co. conducted business for many years.
Wear commensurate with age, good solid condition showing numerous pleasing signs of age & use. The rear panelling is a later addition as these were almost always made without a back having been built into chemist interiors & the carcass has a few pieces of historic non original trim.
Collection preferred, UK courier service available, please get in touch with a post code via the enquiry form or telephone for an accurate quote.
Please fill in the information below